Merx is a professional project management and construction management consultancy that specialises in client representative project management for corporate interiors, retail roll outs and specialist new build projects.
Merx represents its clients as a fee-based consultant to deliver projects successfully on their behalf managing the entire project – clients, consultants, landlords, contractors and suppliers – from inception to completion.
Merx are currently seeking a high-calibre qualified M&E Quantity Surveyor to join our team in the Singapore office. The successful candidate will be empowered to work with autonomy within a team environment to manage all cost and commercial aspects of corporate office, retail or hospitality fit-out as well as new build projects, throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion.
- Prepare early stage budgets, detailed cost plans and quantity take-offs
- Responsible for procurement of M&E packages including direct contracts to client
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Analyse/ evaluate tender submissions and prepare tender report
- Negotiate/ value engineer to ensure budgets are not exceeded
- Establish and operate cost and financial control systems for weekly/ monthly report including cash flow projection
- Track, monitor and evaluate all change orders/ variation orders
- Prepare interim valuation and certification of contractor claim
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Finalization of M&E related project accounts
- Develop knowledge relevant to contract conditions and their applications
- Degree in Building or Quantity Surveying from a recognized University, or Diploma in Building or Quantity Surveying, M&E or Construction Related from a recognized Polytechnic
- Good Communication and Negotiating Skills
- Familiar with base build, office fit-out and retail project works
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Min. 5 years of direct relevant experience
Interested applicants kindly send your CV, stating earliest possible start date and expected salary range in MS Word to email@example.com by 29th Jan 2018.