Merx is a professional project management and construction management consultancy that specialises in client representative project management for corporate interiors, retail roll outs and specialist new build projects.
Merx represents its clients as a fee-based consultant to deliver projects successfully on their behalf managing the entire project – clients, consultants, landlords, contractors and suppliers – from inception to completion.
Merx are currently seeking a high-calibre qualified Senior Commercial Manager to join our team in the Singapore office. The successful candidate will be empowered to work with autonomy within a team environment to manage all cost and commercial aspects of corporate office, retail or hospitality fit-out as well as new build projects, throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion.
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Advising on form of contract
- Prepare early stage budgets and detailed cost plans
- Responsible for procurement of all trade packages including direct contracts to client
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities or schedule of works and rates
- Analyse/ evaluate tender submissions and prepare tender report
- Negotiate/ value engineer to ensure budgets are not exceeded
- Award of contracts and compiling of contract documents
- Establish and operate cost and financial control systems for weekly/ monthly report including cash flow projection
- Track, monitor and evaluate all change orders/ variation orders
- Prepare interim valuation and certification of contractors’ claims
- Prepare payment certificates and maintain payment tracker
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Finalisation of project accounts
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Degree in Building or Quantity Surveying from a recognized University
- Good Negotiating Skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Min. 10 years of direct relevant experience in corporate office / retail or hospitality projects
Interested applicants kindly send your CV, stating earliest possible start date and expected salary range in MS Word to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th Jan 2018.